Sunday, February 8, 2009

Punahou Carnival...

We went to look at cars tonight and didn't really find anything that we wanted in our price range. However, we did score some tickets to a local carnival that was going on. $100.00 worth of tickets to be exact. I was pretty pumped, as was Lilia.

We drove around trying to find the place, then once we did, drove around for another hour trying to find parking. This was laughable right for the beginning of our mission, but we tried hard. Parking in Honolulu is hard on a normal weekend night, let alone with a carnival in tow. We passed parking lot after parking lot all with signs saying "Sorry, we're full!" plastered over their outrageous prices: "$13.00 for four hours". All the street parking was full and there were people waiting in lines of cars for the full lots to open.

Finally, I was fed up and just told Jon to leave (he was fed up a long time before I was). Before doing so though, I rolled down my window and gave our tickets to some family with four kids under the age of 10. I'm sure they could put them to good use and most likely needed it more than we did.

No comments: