Wednesday, July 22, 2009

being a military wife....

I used to think it was so cheesy when I heard people say being a military wife is the hardest job ever. However, now that I'm into it myself...I can honestly say I know what they are talking about. I'm lucky that my husband doesn't deploy all the time, as others do. If he did, I know I wouldn't be able to put up with this life.

It's a lonely existence. Sure friends are made at every new base, but really who wants to have new friends every 2 years their entire life? They are more convenience friends, than true friends. I tried for so long to keep my old best friends at the forefront of my life. When I went home I couldn't wait to see them, yet was always slightly disappointed to see that they had their own lives solidified in a way I never would. They had their routines, their other friends, their jobs....I can't say I don't blame them. Why wait around for a best friend you get to see once a year for a few days? To me, my friends back home, along with my family, is the only constant thing I will ever have in my life. To them, they have a handful of other options to keep their life stable and I'm the one thing that is not.

Maybe I'm still too new at this and haven't gotten the hang of how to properly change friends my entire life. Maybe I'm someone who **loves** old friends that know you all too well. Maybe I just want a best friend to hold onto...wherever I may go.

No comments: