Friday, October 23, 2009

Let's go ahead and get that ring resized...

I'm always giving Jon heck about getting his wedding ring resized, because the thing falls off about 5 times a day.

Yesterday, when we went swimming at the beach, his ring fell off in the ocean. I wasn't mad, just more "I told you so..." than anything. As luck would have it a man with an underwater metal detector and sifter just so happened to be in the water.

Jon went up and asked him if he would help look for it. The man said "Sure, but it's like shooting in the dark Brah....look at all this area."

After swimming over to the area he lost it in, the guy started looking. Amazingly, it was the very first place he put his metal detector!! He pulled up the ring in one try!

WOW!

I've always heard that if you loose your wedding ring it's a premonition of things to come, so what does it mean if you loose it and then find it with such a small hope of doing so?

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Ryan lost his wedding ring in an underwater river in Mexico once. He also almost lost it in the airplane bathroom on the way home from our honeymoon. I've lost two wedding rings -- though we found the second one. Geez...this is sounding pretty bad.

Also, what! They make underwater metal detectors?!

Caroline said...

Um...I meant underground river. I realize that most rivers, by their very nature, are, in fact, under water. Duh.

Shana said...

lol....oh no!!! I guess Jon isn't so bad then!! I'm hoping you aren't buying really nice expensive rings to replace all of them. You'd go broke!

And yes, I didn't know they did either. They quite amazing, especially after helping us out in this way!

Amber D. said...

Beautiful picture on your header! I would love to go to HI.

Stop over and join in our photo challenge this week- it is always lots of fun!

http://everythingexceptthegrill.blogspot.com/2009/11/my-life-in-pictures-session-3-day-1.html