Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Kindle

I'm in LOVE. The object of my affection goes by the name of Kindle. Amazon Kindle.

At first I was on the wall about getting one. I like the smell of books and the process of picking them out at the store.

Books require hands though, and most of the time I don't have hands. I once read my kindle, while cooking food, on hold with the doctors and holding Annie. Now tell me that would have EVER been possible with a book? For moms with young children, it just makes reading easier (and possible).

I still feel like I need something for my efforts of completing a book. When you have real books, you can proudly display them on your bookcase when you're done. Each one feels like a little trophy. Even though your done, in a way the book is still there. With the Kindle I'm missing my trophies.

Maybe I'll go buy the book after I'm done reading, so I can put it on my real bookshelf.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

long time no post :)

BTW-that's quite an impressive accomplishment... well done! (cooking, reading, holding, being on hold...)